Thursday 22 May 2014

Paradise of the Blind #10 ~ To Let Her Go

    I knew that she was now a gorgeous young girl. She could complete all of her chores perfectly, she could cook and clean. For God's sake she had got into college! I was no help for her. The few coins I gained were not worthy of a girl as enlighten as her. Sister Tam was a much better helper for her. I had to focus on my nephews. These were the reasons why I was being distant to Hang. Or these are the lies I tell myself.
    She reminds me too much of Ton, of my miserable days at the village, of the pain I felt all over my body, as if the air was made up of needles pinching me at each second. If I cannot let go of her, I will never be able to let go of my past. She is going away in ten days anyways, I must get used to her absence. Since I'm now determined to grow up my niece and nephew, nothing should block my path, not even Hang.
    I felt like I was becoming the person Tam became: greedy and obsessive. And the problem was that I did not feel bad about this. If I was going to be able to serve well for my family, I was ready to give up my valuable characteristics.

No comments:

Post a Comment