Thursday 22 May 2014

Paradise of the Blind #9 ~ Final Overview

   Like I've said in my preview, I had never properly read about Vietnamese history. This insightful story of Hang's family truly enlightened me about the life many people led during the times of the communist regime.
   I really enjoyed hearing about those times from many perspectives. With Hang, I got to think about the events from a clear, objective, and stubborn point of view. From Que's eyes, I saw the sorrow that weakened a women dedicated for her family. Ton's short lived life with shame reminded me how important it is to stand straight in life, even is people's words are too heavy to carry, I must never let other's pull me down. In contrast, Tam showed me how revenge can make a person go delirious and how even in the worst times with the worst people and faith, one can get what she wants if she is willing to work hard enough. Chinh actually presented me the communist dream, maybe even blind commitment.
   The blog post task also made me feel alert while I was reading the book since I was constantly trying to sympathise with Que. This helped me keep track of the events so that I wouldn't miss important information that might be presented about my character. Overall, I liked the flow of the book that gave insightful historical context from different points of views.

No comments:

Post a Comment