Tuesday 20 May 2014

Paradise of the Blind #4 ~ Rivers of Tear

   On the way to the boat that would take us to my past, I saw that Hang had fell asleep on my lap. Her beauty bewildered me. Every soft touch of hers' reminded me of Ton's delicate love. I felt a fast tear drop on my blushed cheeks, and fall off to Hang's. I held onto her so tight; I feared that if I let her go, I would lose her too. When she started to move from right to left in shivers, I woke her up.
   She must have seen a terrible nightmare, like when you see starts blinking for a while and filling you with hope, then fading away for ever, taking away every dream you've ever had. Her dreadful dream was my reality. I live in a nightmare I'll never wake from. I would not let her be sad, even in her sleep. So I began to scare away the bad souls around her with a song I had learnt from a Nun. I didn't know what to believe in anymore. All I cared for was a smile on Hang's face. Unlike mine, she had youth and places for many more smiles. I knew that I would never be rejuvenated again, so I had let my young skin die away with my joyful soul.
   As Hang asked more questions about her father, I couldn't hold my tears that soon became a river. I knew I was not enough for her. I knew that my love and care was not enough. All the affection I had was washed away in the river, near which I was fishing for crabs and talking to Tam, when I learned that Ton had to escape, and take away all his love with him. Later, as I watched Hang run towards the river, I longed for the youth and joy I've missed ever since I've stepped away from the river in my old village.

No comments:

Post a Comment