Thursday 22 May 2014

Paradise of the Blind #7 ~ Secure

   As I watched Sister Tam breathe revenge, I wondered if one day I'd become like that. Would I really feel that much hatred that I'd be willing to endlessly buy and spend? I've never been able to understand the gluttony people have. Aren't life and the people we have in it enough for us to enjoy?
   Tam had prepared a feast for as, as abundant as it might have seemed, I've later realised that it was actually representing her overflow of joy, her never-ending affection and connection for Hang, who was the last drop of blood from her family. When Tam loaded Hang with tasks so that the Tran family could be proud, I felt my brother's orders flowing through my veins. I did not want Hang to go through the same miseries I had to, just to serve my family. Yes, family is undoubtedly important. But isn't family supposed to help one another, like Vi's family? If even the closes people to you, your family members, are giving pain to you, how can the agony rolling on the streets relieve the obligations hurled on you? 
   I had to prove Hang, prove Tam, and prove myself that I was worthy of something. I needed time to rejuvenate my soul and my body. Would time heal these pains caused by love? Why is it that love, the most beautiful feeling a human being can sensate, had to be one that must be endured? Hang was my daughter and mine alone. I didn't have Ton to help me and I did not want Tam's monetary help. I wanted to build a roof for my daughter so that she could feel secure. I knew that I seemed weak in front of Hang, so I needed a concrete proof for her to trust in me. If Tam could get rich, so could I. I know that this desire is not gluttony. All I want is to see a genuine smile on my baby's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment