Thursday 22 May 2014

Paradise of the Blind #8 ~ New


   Later on, I realised that Tam's demands gave Hang strength to be studious. I've become ill, but Hang took great care of me. Seeing that my girl could stand on her own feet gave me power to get back on mine. I knew that Hang did not need me anymore. She was much better off without my help.   If I was not going to help Hang, I needed to help someone else. Without purpose, it is arduous for me to feel strength.
   My illness reminded me of my nephews. They were also weak because they weren't getting enough nutrition in their home. I was the only family member who could help them. This would be my new motive. It was time that I put aside the powerless me. My blood needed the hardworking me. Like a blossom that opens up its flowers at the end of spring, I've decided to shake off this sickness and start building a better life for my niece and nephew, before its too late.    Hang stopped by the market to say goodbye, and did so. I've wanted to let go of Ton for so long, that seeing her go away actually let me feel relieved. I understood that love was not enough to keep a person close to you. This realisation put a smile on my face as I put away old memories. Now, it was time for me to start living with a new purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment